Monday, October 29, 2012

October 22, 2012 1 John 4:6-7, 20


Dear Family,
This week went really well. The scripture of the week is 1 john 4:6-7,20. That is so sad what happened to Jett. Glad to hear he is doing better now. Sounds like He is following my example early in life. I too was in a hospital this week. One of the missionarys in our zone told me about pain he had in is lower right stomache. We went to the clinic and turned out he had apendecitis. He had his appendix removed that same night. So I stayed in Trujillo with the office elders. This week we found a lot of new people to teach and we had 19 investigators in church. It was crazy id never had so many people in church. Our neighbor who is a member got really really sick this week and is on life sustaining supporters in the closest hospital. He has one older son that isn´t a member. and 12 other relatives of his came to church who werent members. When I got to church they told me I was speaking. So I prepared my talk during the first hymn. haha. I found some old talks that I had in my suit and my message actually turned out ok. Our stake presidents mom died this week. The cemetary is in our area and we were proselyted by it when she was getting burried. We went over there so I saw how they do burials here. Every stays till she is completely buried. Lots of deaths and sickness happening here and there. how interesting. We also found a little kid this week who apparantly has been attending every week without us knowing he wasn´t a member. He accepted to be baptized this week and his parents are supporting him.  Played some tennis today. There were actually some peruvians on the courts ( which there never is cuz tennis is so foreign to everyone here) but we played some doubles with them and a couple of them were actually pretty good. So fun. Today we are starting up practices for the christmas program in the mission home so that should be fun. Overall I love you guys so much and hope you have a great week! some ideas for christmas package: dr scholls sole inserts, wingers sauce, nutella. You don´t have to get me anything though. Love you guys have  great week!. oh for whitneys song there is a member here that has it on his computer and he is going to try to put it on his facebook or his youtube. His email is omar_5@hotmail.com and my pensionista is irma_ale_2@hotmail.com.  add them on facebook.
love you guys .
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment