Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 18, 2012 Proverbs 28:13

  



¡¡¡Familia!!!
Hows life treating you? I hope Good. Happy Fathers Day! Yesterday.. We told all our investigators that they had to go to church on Fathers day for their father. Their heavenly father. Only 3 came yesterday though with the holiday :( The scripture of the week is Proverbs 28:13 But This past week was really good. My new companion is Elder Yat. He is from Guatamala. It is cool being with a latin that isn`t from peru, cuz we are both foreigners. He was my zone leader in my first transfer with elder meza in trujillo laureles. He likes music, which is awesome, I have always wanted a companion who likes music singing and piano like me. We are going to work our butts off this change. I feel lots of success coming. They closed an area in our zone, so now we are only 14 people. I sent a picture of our zone. We have two people in training now also. hermana bell came from chimbote. I was her district leader before. We had a confirmation yesterday! His name is Sergio. Haha, only because the other elders in our ward (elder Terry and elder Castillo) baptized him last sunday and then that area closed. Now we have a humungous area. It covers our whole ward, and our ward is the biggest. We have a date for the 30th. a kid named eduardo who is 16. I have been teaching him my whole time in huaraz, and he has progressed a lot, has found out for himself that Joseph smith was a prophet and that the Book of mormon is true and that God wants him to be baptized and keep the commandments. He came to the General conference but since then hasn`t been able to attend because he has classes in college every sunday at the same hours as our church. We finally found out a way that he could change his classes to saturday. We also had a reference that accepted to be baptized this saturday. But the uncle of the kid (who gave us the reference) didn`t want him to get baptized so fast. (even though he has already attended church for like a month. It is always frustrating when members don`t understand the doctrine of Jesus Christ. But this reference should also get baptized this 30th of June if everything works out good. Our convert edizon had his preisthood interview yesterday which is exciting to see him progressing. I tried some new hair styles this week just for fun. Tried some cream stuff and a gel for my hair that my companion had, I sent pictures of the results. Sounds like your week was fun. Dad makes me laugh out loud every time in his letters. I`m glad everyone is doing so great and I hope that you are all being active in the gospel as well as the church. Thanks for everything you have given me, Today we watched toy story 3 with one of our districts. I remember watching that in theaters with mom just as I was also leaving to college like andy.. Well I hope you have a great week and let me know if there is something I can do for you guys.
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment