Monday, August 8, 2011

August 1, 2011 Alma 5:45-47



Hey my lovely family
Imma start these email with a scripture that I like from the week and you can look it up later and apply it to your life however you want to. 


Alma 5:45-47


45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I aknow of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made aknown unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have bfasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit ofcrevelation which is in me.
 47 And moreover, I say unto you that it has thus been revealed unto me, that the words which have been spoken by our fathers are true, even so according to the spirit of prophecy which is in me, which is also by the manifestation of the Spirit of God. 


Firstly I love your letters. it is so good to hear from you guys. I decided this week to only think about home on p days when i write you, that way i can focus more on the work fully. moms questions. Food. i have rice every meal almost, with some kind of chicken, always with bone or something, i miss food that is easy to eat haha. every morning for breakfast we have bread, and sometimes eggs. we walk everywhere. everyone in trujillo does . i don`t think there are any bikes here at all. sister turk said they brought there bikes cuz they love to bike but havent been able to here. once a month we go to trujillo by taxi or bus. and get around here the same way. so i am in trujillo right now. and we come back tommorrow for interviews with the president. and i am fine with my blanket that i have, cuz they have some blankets here too. and today i finally got my package!! woot. i haven`t opened it but I will when we get back to Otuzco. Thanks for the pics. whit looks way different with brown hair. haha. every here has brown hair. on the way to this internet some girls stopped me and elder mikesell for a picture, and took a picture of my blue eyes haha. funny. Thats too bad about grandpa. and that`s cool Rachel and Megan came. They´re good girls. Love hearing everything that is happening. wish i could write you all personally but just don`t have the time. thank you for all of your examples and love for me my whole life. Especailly trust, i have so much trust in all of you and that has never been a problem in our family. now to my week. This week was really good. I focused on enjoying each day, rather than stressing about every little thing. This helped me in all aspects. Love my companion. He is so funny and we are doing good. You just have to realize people are different. I realized this week how important efficiency is to me. I think that is a Hurley trait, cuz it has always been important to find out how to do things in the most productive way possible. I think that is why i get frustrated sometimes when we are late to appointments or i feel like there is a better way to do things. But overall we`re doing good, lots of people I think will be baptized. We had a ward activity this week of a karioke night. (spelled it wrong I know). it was weird singing ^yellow^ by coldplay, never thought i would do that on my mission. but it reminded me how much i love music. The people of Otuzco have so much faith. it seems everyone at least has a religion. Otuzco is called the capital of faith haha. but I really love that town and all the people there, i especially realized that going to trujillo today. We also went to Trigopampa, wich is a part of our area we have to hike like an hour to get to. The lady there has a baptizm date now. . but for october haha. hopefully we can shorten that time. My language is improving every day. but i still just want to be fluent already. haha. We did some service this week. wheel barrowed these huge bricks from one place to another, (the people here literally make bricks out of dried mud for houses. yesterday me and my comp. went to milluachaque again, (the familiar group) the smalles church unit i think I will ever attend. for sacrament there was just 7 of us total. With the language I am really good at prononciation. one of the sisters i taught said she hears it perfectly when I read the scriptures. but not so much when i talk haha. When i have the spirit it is easier to talk. awesome. I love you guys so much. Today we got to go to the beach here. We played some futbol too. I love all of you so much. have a great week. !
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment