Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011 Mosiah 2:41


hey beautiful family!
Life is just dandy in Otuzco. Im enjoying the mission. I loved your letters. First corn fest i have ever missed i think. But no biggy. I loved dads funny witty comments all the time. I love hearing from mom too, she is such a good example. Courts seems to be doing good. i don`t miss homework. 

The scripture of the week is Mosiah 2:41. (if you want you can just read mosiah 2 through 5) 

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I decided the key to the lives of members is this, keeping those commandments that God has given, to have never ending happiness. I love scripture study. I was thinking alot about Blaine this week and was wanting to write him, so if someone could send me his email that would be great. This week we visited this referall that an investigator told us to go to, it was a catholic family who had just lost a father. taught them the plan of salvation, the second time we taught the restoration, and third focused on the book of mormon. there is like 8 people there which is cool. I feel they are progressing, the first time one sister said i`m not going to commit to anything. (not even pray about the message) the second time she said yes to reading and the other said it was just a little to read. and they asked us when we could return rather than us having to try to get another appointment. pretty cool. But really catholic so it will be interesting. For dad`s comments about the adventistas, That guy I talked about before told us that story too, i thought it was interesting, cuz the prophesy didn`t come true. haha. but the prophesy they based the religion on in revelations, about the angel coming and Christ coming, did come true, through Joseph Smith. But really they are way similar to our church. Elder Contreras says they just need the Priesthood Authority and they would be our Church. haha. Went to Milluachaqui twice this week, the people over there are really awesome and I can feel growth coming fast, especially in this city Salpo that we proselite at also. Yesterday Elder Espinal and I went to the familiar group, taught commandments and the word of wisdom. This brother Jerman, has a ton of faith and He is preparing to be baptized mid september. He said ¨No tengo ninguna duda¨ (I don`t have any doubt.) pretty cool. I am really happy though. especially when we do physical service. We helpd this member carry bricks from the street to the roof of her house, and we are going to finish it today. One thing that bothers me cuz i Know it never works is when missionaries try to prove our belief`s with the bible, like 1st day worship how Jesus instituted the Sacrament on Sunday, and was resurected this day, but I have found with any objection the best way to go about it is by asking them who wrote the law originally, and they say a prophet, or moses. And then explain that God has restored these things completely, you can know only by reading the Book of Mormon. And also testify that there is a Moses that lives on the earth today that recieves direct revelation from God. And God knows everything. Yesterday we taught Santos, and I testified in this manner, shared that the spirit testifies of all truth and can`t lie and I told him that I have seen Thomas S. Monson a prophet of God and that the spirit bore witness to me that he was a real prophet, like moses, and if God (who knows all were to change anything, for example the day of worship to wednesday, he would do it through a prophet of God) I felt the spirit way strong as I shared that and I know he did too. Overall the spirit is the only thing that converts. I of myself am nothing. Just an instrument for the spirit to work through. I miss ya`ll and love ya much. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment