Monday, September 5, 2011

September 4, 2011 Colossians 3:16-21



Hey familia!
This week was great. Sounds like you guys are doing good. I love your letters.

Scripture of the week is Colossians 3:16-21.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
The Christian Home
  
18 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

That's so exciting that the baby is coming. my lil sobrino. Jett. haha thats an awesome name. JETT HURLEY. chevare. hope he´s a sports star. yall better send pictures and such. This week was really good. I decided not to speak any English with Elder Mikesell this week. This helped my Spanish a bunch. Last ´p day was fun, we did service and made a lemon pie. We have people that are progressing, and going to have a baptism in milluachaqui this month. It seems like that all the people Elder Contreras and i have that close to baptizm, end up moving to Lima or Trujillo or out of the area haha. but i love teaching. I felt the spirit a lot this week, and i think we should all strive to have the spirit more in our lives. I tried sending a bunch of pictures, let me know if you got them. This week in the leahona I found myself! haha. and rachel and her sister, and some other kids (tyler, morgan, kylie) from when we went to General Conference last spring haha. that was kinda cool. This week Elder Contreras went to Lima also thursday night to figure out his visa. so thursday night friday and saturday i was a trio with elder espinal and elder mikesell. It was cool working with different people. I feel they really teach from their heart which is really good. While with them we were teaching this guy and a bunch of niños and I slipped on some wheat and hit my head on this random piece of wood that was level with my height. haha. so I have a mark on my head now. people assume it was a cat, or I fell, or other things, its pretty much healed now, but it was fun joking about how I got the mark, like I was preaching and someone punched me. Anyways I think there is a picture of that too. elder mikesell and espinal had a baptizm this week, a niño of 9 years. that was cool, saturday. we wanted to sing the rainbow song about earth right after rain. and we only had the words. being blessed with the ability to figure out melodies, I made a quick arrangement of it on the piano right before the program and we sung it. haha pretty cool. This lady Miriam we had a real special lesson, she has been investigating for like EVER. and she has brothers that are members, and she is more active that some members in the branch haha but she wont be baptized. but we talked about the holy ghost and i shared with her an experience i had that same morning reading about jesus coming to america, and the compassion he had on the people, (see 3 nephi 17:1-7) Jesus was about to leave cuz he knew he just taught a whole bunch of stuff and they needed to meditate and pray about it, and they started to cry cuz they didn´t want him to leave him, then he has them bring all there sick and heals every one. as I shared this the spirit was so strong. Sounds like you guys are having a good life. we were going to go to Trujillo today but we didn´t really have a plan there so we didn´t. Because Elder Contreras went to Trujillo and Lima, he brought me back a load of dearelders and an actual letter from rachel. that was awesome. The package wasn´t there, maybe tommorrow when we go to a leadership meeting for Elder Contreras. I hope you guys have a great week. and enjoy these pics. I finally got some pics of Otuzco for you guys. Love all. Serve all.
-Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment