Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011 1 corinthians 10:13

Scripture of week 1 corinthians 10:13


13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


family family family, how do i love thee, let me count the ways.
I love love your letters as usual. they really mean so much to mean i miss you guys. to answer ma´s questions, I can´t drink the local water, but its not a prob, and i know freezing doesnt kill bacteria. there are little internet shops on the street, cost like 1 sol. but i only have one soul so its kind of a rip off. hahaha jk. I tried last week to send a bunch of pictures but i couldn´t get it to work, hope i can this time, i still haven´t sent any pictures of otuzco itself haha but i will in the future when i get them. I can see most the pictures you send, i love those too. i can prob send the camera card next month. we have a multizone conference tommorrow, but not at the mission home. im sure there will be pictures, sister turk updates as it happens haha. I think i could use my debit card here but there is no purpose really, and yes we pay her for food money. for dad, sorry i realized after i didn´t say anything bout the package, whatever is good, american junk food crap like snickers maybe, the peanut butter and wingers sauce was good, but whatever ya want to send, maybe some powder to mix with water, ( like crystal light type powder) maybe some physical pictures, Things are going good. maybe some physical pictures of ya´ll.
This week was good. I have a lot of confidence in baptizms to come. I made a list of people i really thing will be baptized and it was like 30 people. We´ll see how that goes. My language skills are gettin better every day, getting more where I don´t have to think as much about what i say. and I think my music training and ability to hear things has really helped me. at least to pick up on the pronunciation and stuff like that. Taught english for the first time this week, that was fun and cool. its gunna be a weekly thing now, me and elder mikesell are tag teaming it. There are things here that remind me of home a lot, like the fact that almost everyone are farmers, so i think of grandpa and the farm. and lots of people grow corn, the kernals are huge here and they make this stuff called cancha which is way good, like popcorn but better. but the corn fest is coming up and its the first one i will miss in my whole life I think. Also for random reason i have been loving to hum and sing the song ¨you are my sunshine¨ and think about how mom used to sing that to me every night as a kid. but life is good. I have decided there are things important to me (because they are important to the work) that aren´t important to most other missionarys, like being on time, and imma do my best to be my best. this week was good. We taught this guy Gilmer last wednesday, he agreed to a baptizmal date the 27 of august. when we returned 2 days later they were all drunk and partying. gunna be harder than i thought. but i have faith in him. milluachaki was good yesterday (the familiar group) we had 5 total, and it was just me and elder espinal (the other newbie) that went, that way we can have one from each companionship at church too for our investigators. the investigator in milluachaki wants to be baptized. we also hiked to salpa, a town a little further up the mountain by milluachaki, taught this couple and they said yes to baptizm too. I love the gospel and think i have taken it for granted my whole life. Its the best. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week. I hope you are enjoying the blog, last week was awesome , i got to see all the guys in my group that came with me from the CCM so that was cool to see the progression of everyone. See you next week, ill try to get some old pics sent. love Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment