Friday, January 18, 2013

January 14, 2013 1 Kings 19:11-12

Dear Family,
This week was really great. The scripture of the week is 1 kings 19:11-12. Sounds like mom had fun on her dentist trip. I love you guys so much. This past week was good and we now have a baptismal date of a kid named marcos who is 16. He is awesome and has read a lot of the book of mormon and gospel principles. His siblings may also get baptized with him on the 26th. We are trying to marry his parents. and bring the whole family into the gospel. A girl named lucero whos family is all members except shes not also is reading a lot in the book of mormon and came to church yesterday. We are hoping to help her enter into the waters of baptism this month as well. This past week we had a leadership training and we trained the district leaders in our zone. These meetings are always fun and after we ate a norkys a chicken place. that same night we had two of the elders there really sick. from saturday night to sunday morning we went from having nobody sick to having 4 elderes in different areas sick. One of them had to go to the clinic twice and in the middle of the night. But now are recooporating. How is your guys health? I hope good. This week we are having leadership council and also zone leader council with president. I am excited. I spoke in church yesterday and taught elder quorum. I love it. I spoke on agency. God really isn´t there to obligate us but wants us to do many good thinks out of our own will. small decisions can lead to big consequences. Overall I am really happy and love the people here, I love spanish and teaching, and I still have a lot to do in these last 4 months. I hope you have an amazing week!!.

Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment