Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 21, 2012 1 Nephi 4:6



hey there family!
This week was fantabulous. The scripture of the week is.... 1 nephi 4:6. Well this week has been great. The lord blessed us for our hard work. Last Tuesday a member called and that night presented us a reference of a girl named jacki. She is 21 and wanted to get closer to God, she had a friend who was a member before and always looked up to her friend. The spirit was so strong in that first lesson. One of the most spiritual lessons I have had in my mission. We just talked a little bit about the atonement. Our next visit with her was thursday. We taught her about the restoration of the gospel. She had read the pamphlet We left her and felt that it was all true. She basically taught herself the lesson and understands well what the book of mormon is. She had attended church a lot of times before with her friend. She attended yesterday also. We invited her to be baptized for this saturday the 26 of May, and she accepted. She is really awesome, we have a lot to teach her this week but I know she will be prepared for this 26ths. We are doing a family night with her and the member family who gave us the reference. The single mom Liz that I talked about a few times ago, accepted to be baptized for this 2 of june with her 2 kids. But they didn´t make it to church so we have to postpone her date. But I know that family will reach the waters of baptism also. It is also really cool to see my converts progressing in the gospel. Its one thing to see a baptism. but it is another to actually see them progress in the gospel, reading their scriptures, attending church, preparing to receive the preisthood. It is amazing. Well this week President Turk and his wife and the assistants are coming to Huaraz. For our Zone Conference. We as the zone leaders have to arrange everything for it because we live so far away. Also I am directing the conference, and I've never directed a meeting with Pres. Turk So that should be a good experience. This week we also did service at a house. We basically just destroyed everything that was there, The wanted life the side of their house completely gone. So that was fun. Sent some pics. I also read some old Journals this week that I made in my youth, and also while I was in the mtc and ccm. Journal writing is such an important aspect of our lives. It helps us stay on the straight and narrow. I wanted to invite you guys to keep a journal if your not already doing it. It was great to hear from whit, courts, mom and dad this week. Sounds like courts is doing awesome. I love that girl so much and thats cool she ran a 5k for Kirsten! She is the best example. I love when You all write, for reals. Mom asked if I can look at sister turks blog, and yes I can that is one of the few pages authorized. I just looked at it and Otuzco (my starting area) just got a new house chapel!! and The new branch president is a member that I knew that would help us some times. So cool. Well I Love you guys so much, I hope you have some fun in st george! send me pictures of st george in your next email!. ha if you want. That is awesome that brother iper is now bishop Piper. Thanks for always informing me of these things  i love to here it.  
much love 
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment