Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 9, 2012 John 14:12

Dear Family,
This week was a really great week for me and I feel like all my hard work is starting to pay off a little. I felt the spirit so so strong as I read the conversion story of TJ and Delainey. I am so so so so so happy for this. en serio. I have always looked up and loved TJ. It was great to hear the story of his friend austin. We hung out with austin various times before his mission and I knew him pretty well (Winro with his fro back in those days) If you guys could send me pictures of the baptism that would be awesome. 
The scripture of the week is john 14:12. 
 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that abelieveth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I bgo unto my cFather.
That says if we truly believe in Jesus Christ, we will do the works that he does. This has helped me a lot this week because everyone here in Peru says they believe in christ, but almost no one does the works that he does.  I had a really good week, we have two baptismal dates for the 21 of January. the first is Sister Esthefany, she is 18 years old and comes from a really catholic family, luckily she is of age that she doesn`t need permission from her mom, but her niece only is 15 years, so she can`t be baptized without the permission, but we are visiting them a lot and sister stefany attended church yesterday. She said she prayed the night before church and asked god if the church was right, to help her get up in the morning to go to church. She set her alarm and everything, she woke up without any problems yesterday before her alarm went off. (church starts at 8 am here) she said it was interesting because the day before she couldn`t wake up early even with her alarm. She is doing well, has some doubts, but everyone does. Yesterday we had a spiritual experience, and the end she asked us, if we really truly believed totally all that we were teaching her about the church, or if we were lying a little. and elder meza bore his testimony SO strong about the book of mormon saying no man could write that book. and That it is all true, and it was the first time id seen him cry. and the spirit was so strong, esthefany was crying too. and it is so true what dad said, that the spirit is what converts. There is a quote from preach my gospel that says that too, that without the spirit we will never convert, no matter what talent or ability we have. also for the 21 is Kevin. He is a 15 almost 16 year old kid who looks up to us a lot, we always teach him and his friends on the street. he has so much faith and believes all we are teaching him, just has had troubles waking up to get to church. but yesterday he did it with our help. We have a lot of other people that have accepted to prepare for baptism too, and i feel like we are going to have a lot of success this month and transfer. Being district leader is good, hard at times but good. Last week we had a meeting for only leaders in the mission. I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong that day. I think there are pictures on the blog. I am so happy that you guys are progressing more and more in the gospel, cuz what mom said was true, that we are eith progressing or decreasing in our testimony, I hope you guys remember to pray every day as a family, or find the time, i know there is time. I sent some pictures of my christmas, one lunch we had with cebiche (my pensionista made it with chicken, cuz we cant have it with fish) and of our bubble gum blowing contest we had with the gum you guys sent me. I won.  I am learning more and more and getting better at following the spirit in every part of my life. The  church is the only true church on the face of the earth. love all serve all
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment