Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 23, 2012 John 14:12


Hey family family,
Hope you`re all doin swell. This week was excellent, we worked way hard, and had 36 lessons in total (not including less actives and recent converts and members). Teaching some really great people. 
The scripture of the week is John 14:12. 
 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that abelieveth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I bgo unto my cFather.
This week was really good. I am glad you saw the picture on the blog of the celebration we had of sister turk. President turk and his assistants came for our leadership meeting, and after president turk personally attended my district meeting. It was cool to have president there in my district meeting, which turned out really well, cuz I had planned the details beforehand. He congratulated me after and said was proud of my work as district leader. That was cool to hear. Meanwhile sister turk took our keys to check our rooms. She realized how small and old our room was haha so we might be changing. I felt kind of bad she had to do that on her birthday , especially cuz we live up four flights of stairs, and our room could have been cleaner. I had a crazy baptismal interview. Those are always fun to do. You never know what people are going to confess to you. Our investigator kevin also had his baptismal interview saturday and passed, and he will be baptized this saturday. He is 15, and he likes break dance. He is was awesome though. This week we visited Esthefany, that girl that told us her parents wouldn`t let us go to her house anymore, We just felt to go one day anyways and offer service to her mom, Her mom turned out to be really cool, and accepted us and we are now visiting her mom too. Way awesome to be teaching her again. also two referals from kevin, andres and cristian we have been teaching. andres is 21 and cristian is 18. They are way cool and have desires to follow christ also. I had the chance to play some guitar with them last monday for a short time.
They attended a ward activity saturday which turned out way good. and cristian attended church yesterday and has a baptismal date for the 4th of february. It is so good to hear from you all and to hear courts had a good time at preference. I love always hearing your storys. Yes mom there is seminary here, just in the church, nothing like seminary in our town haha. but I am really happy and enjoying the mission. So cool to hear that the shawn is helping the missionarys. It is way awesome for missionaries to receive reference from member, because you start the teaching with some confidence from them already. I love you guys so much. have the best week of your life. I should be sending you all my pictures today. yeah all of them. im putting them on a usb for me to have too. LOve you much
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment