Sunday, January 29, 2012

December 27, 2011 Alma 34;33-37


Hey wonderfull family!
it was a joy talking with you guys on sunday. bet your not expecting this letter today. when we have our changes (transfers, every 6 weeks) our p day is on tuesday.

The scripture of the week is alma 34:33-37.
33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so manyawitnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do notbprocrastinate the day of your crepentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh thednight of edarkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
 34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful acrisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth bpossess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.
35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become asubjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth bseal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked. 
36 And this I know, because the Lord hath said he dwelleth not inaunholy temples, but in the bhearts of the crighteous doth he dwell; yea, and he has also said that the righteous shall sit down in his kingdom, to go no more out; but their garments should be made white through the dblood of the Lamb.
 37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should awork out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
We have been focusing more on teaching faith and repentance, in order to help people for baptism. We have a possible baptism this friday, and two other investigators with baptismal dates. We are just going to keep pushing hard this change and doing all we can. Yesterday they called me, and I was made district leader here. So now I am district leader and training at the same time.  Ill tell you more about my district next week. lots of responsibilities, but just got to do my absolute best. changes are always hard, cuz you get to love the people your working with so much in your district and zone,  then they just leave somewhere else and you might not see them again your whole mission haha. but then you always form new relationships in the next change. (transfers they call changes here). That is cool that dad made a video and yall got spoiled. not sure if i can watch it, but if you want you can send a copy in the next package or something I got way more spoiled than yall. best christmas ever for real. To answer mamas questions, yeah we just had an hour of church, president Turk wanted us to just visit members and less actives, so we did that. Yes I got the piano Cd. I think I love that the most. because it is all hmyns, and i can listen to hymns any day. Sorry skype didn`t work, ill plan that better for mothers day, getting a cabana that has headphones and speakers  in one. but i really loved just seeing you and hearing you. It was good it didn`t work in the beginging cuz i could speak english haha i was just excited to hear you guys so much i just started replying in spanish, but you couldn`t hear me anyways which is good haha. I was blessed with the best family on earth. I hope blaine and jung sun are doing great. read mosiah 3 with them, like i invited all you guys to do on the phone. Good to hear alisa is doing good too. We have a lot of people that would get baptized, but they can`t because they are not married in living in the same place.  I really did love all your letters. especially whit and the ukulele, and I ended with courts`letter. In that moment I just had to get on my knees and thank God for what he has given me. I love you guys so much and my love for you has grown even more being away from you. Today we went as our last zone activity to a big soccer field and played soccer. Way fun. I love the mission, And i just have to be more patient and love the people with all my heart like I love you guys.


Elder Hurley 

No comments:

Post a Comment