Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 28th, 2011 2 Nephi 9:51-52


Hey there beautiful fam.
Lots o letters this week, thanks so much. I always enjoy your letters, Especially from my granparents. 

Sounds like thanksgiving was great. We did nothing special for thanksgiving. But I have a nice scripture of the week about thanksgiving. 2 Nephi 9:51-52.

51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your alabor for that which cannot bsatisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and cfeast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.
 52 Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give athanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts brejoice. 

I especially like the part that says delight in fatness. This week was good. I don`t have much time but I will try to make this a little longer and more detailed. I sent some pictures too. We found some interesting people this week. Some really good ones too. the italian that we have and his family (wife and kid) all attended church yesterday which was exciting. I love that guys so much. But he wants to share all his ideas and claim it as doctrine haha. but i love him. Rosario. We had some rough lessons this week, of people who just don`t believe they can change. But Had a good spiritual experience, and I really felt the promise in doctrine and coventants about how god will give us a portion of his words in the very minute that we need it. I really felt that in this one lesson we had, explaining eternal life , because miguel one of our investigators didn`t see whats the big deal about eternal life, and I explained its the best gift that god can give us, and explained the best earthly physical gift that I have ever received is my guitar from my father. And explained how dad only gave it to me because he knew I would care for it, and not treat it lightly. And really eternal life is like that, and in this life we have to show god that we are willing to keep is commandments and its not a game we are taking lightly. So that he trusts to give us all that he has. It was a cool analogy and felt the spirit. Had interesting experience yesterday with a man that knows the bible way well, and believes way strong that his church is true, I promised myself long time ago I would never scripture fight like some missionaries, cuz the bible is not common ground but is a battlefield. But I bore strong testimony, shared some scriptures. He finished with a prayer, and it was more like a shout, was yelling at god to ¨break this false doctrine that we are spreading, and cast out the evil spirits that are in us¨ haha. finished the prayer with clapping. hadn`t seen that one before, it was really interesting, but just strengthened my testimony more. We had interviews this week, It is always good to see president turk. He gave a cool talk about 4 types of language we should never use and I think if every follows this rule, there would be more love and no fighting. We should never 1. Lie, never lie to anyone. 2. Criticize, (different than correct or help, because the purpose behind it are almost opposites. 3. Blame , it is human nature to blame other people, never do it. and 4. become angry, it is a choice. I hope that helped yall back at home. Have a great week. I haven`t got your package yet, but Im sure it will come. maybe tomorrow. We meet at a zone every week for things like that. I love you family so much. continue to grow your testimony, we are all investigators until we reach the highest degree of the celestial kingdom.
Elder Hurley.

No comments:

Post a Comment