Monday, May 20, 2013

May 6, 2013 John 8:31-36


Dear Family,
This week was really great. The scripture of the week is John 8:31-36. I was in Trujillo for a couple days for meetings (there are pictures on the blog). I learned so much. I felt the spirit so strong. President invited me to share my testimony at the end of leadership council and I felt the spirit so strong. I really do know that the things I've been taught my whole life are true. I have received the spiritual confirmation for my own self and I will never be able to deny it. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. I know that God is leading his church today. I know that Thomas S.  Monson is the voice of the lord in these days and he is the only man authorized to exercise all keys of the priesthood. I know also that the Book of Mormon is the literal word of God. I know that the Bible also is. I know the gospel blesses families. I know these things by the power of the holy ghost and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. Today we went to a place called cerro de paz. ( peace hill) things sound so boring in English  I will be calling dads phone on Wednesday as my pre call. We can do Skype the normal way. be ready to tell me the best time for everyone when I call on Wednesday  I tried to send a couple of pictures of the many I took. We found a really awesome lady whose husband is a less active member. They are legally married which almost never happens here haha so we are really excited. Yesterday went to pick her up for church with a member and she said she was feeling sick and wasn`t going to be able to go. We offered a health blessing and she accepted. After the blessing we encouraged her to come and explained that there was still time to get ready and come. She decided to get ready and come to church and she did. It was our stake conference. President Turk came and elder Waddell of the seventy. They re organized our stake presidency. Wow such powerful talks. I love you all so much and hope you have the greatest week of your life.
Elder Hurley


No comments:

Post a Comment