Monday, May 20, 2013

April 29, 2013 1 Corinthians 14:33

Dear Family,
This week was really good. The scripture of the week is: 1 corinthians 14:33. Wow time is flying too quickly. Before I forget to tell you, I will be arriving in the salt lake airport the 21st of may at 12:07 P.M. Wow this past week we all went to trujillo for the conference with elder bednar. It was soo amazing. He really is an apostle of the lord jesus christ. He taught us about how to learn by faith. and how to teach so that others learn by faith. He said some things that I will never forget. especially about teaching with good questions. For 3 hours we were all participating and he is an amazing teacher. He said too many teachers in the church play the game ¨guess what`s in my head¨ as they teach. When he shared his testimony I felt the spirit soo strong I know that he really is one of the 15 people on the earth that has all of the priesthood keys. I know that he is a witness of jesus christ himself. and I we did all get the chance to shake his hand at the end which was really awesome. Elder Waddell will also be coming to our stake conference this week which is exciting. I will be in trujillo tomorrow and wednesday for leaderiship meetings. Thank you all for writing me! you letters mean the world. Mothers day should be like usual, we should be able to skype they same way we have done in the past. its the cheapest and most efficient way. maybe I will hide my face so its more dramatic when I see you in the airport . . haha we`ll see. We are teaching some good people and I feel we will have a few baptisms in these weeks. one sister named brenda is progressing very rapidly. She is keeping her commitments and has her answer from God and has agreed to be baptized on the 11th of may if she feels prepared for that day. We are still working our hardest each day and there is so much to do every day it doesn`t let me think about home. I have just 3 weeks left to give my all to God and after that it will never be exactly the same. Dad once told me that the only regrets we have in this life are when we don`t do our best. I want to make sure I do my absolute best these past three weeks. Thats so awesome that courtney will be talking in seminary graduation. wow I can`t believe how old she is. Life at home didn`t just freeze for 2 years like I thought it would. haha jk. but Im proud of ya courts! I got a birthday letter from Grandma and grandpa holt this week which really helped me. I have the best family in the whole world. Thanks for your examples!! have the best day of your life today!
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment