Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 18, 2013 Helaman 12:5-8





Dear Family,
This week was great!! The scripture of the week is Helaman 12:5-8. We had a baptism this week! A sister named Dariela who was a referall from our convert Rocio that we baptized in December. She has been showing a lot of faith, attending church, and reading and praying. SHe feels the spirit every time she reads the book of mormon. She never accepted baptism. But we just moved forward with faith helping her and her husband to get married to live the law of chastity. Last monday, We finally got her doubts out of her. We taught about the plan of salvation and where we go after this life, this really impacted her, Turns out her doubts were just that she was scared of the water, didn´t want to speak in front of people, and didn´t have a dress to wear. We resolved all these doubts and she was married and baptized on saturday. It is amazing how quickly the lives of people can change. Her husband is also excited, he just travels a lot so it is hard to get him to church enough. I know he will be baptized soon though. We had interviews this week we president, on top of that we had our zone training this week. Busy fun week for us. I love planning and teaching groups. Interviews was the same day as valentines day, we gave all the elders a valentine that had to do with the training we were giving about making plans to get goals. We had them write it on the heart shaped valentine. This week is the last week of the change. I wonder where I will go. I usually have an idea, but I don´t know. I might stay here or go. I love this gospel and I know it is the most important thing of our lives to keep us happy. I hope you guys know how much I love you. Have a great week!
Elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment