Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011 Alma 7:14-16


I. Speak. Spanish. 
Hey there beautiful family, what a week. 
First of all the scripture of the week, is Alma 7:14-16. 
 14 Now I say unto you that ye must arepent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.
 15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth abeset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism. 16 And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will aremember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me.

This week was up and down, lots of emotional hits in the mission, my progressing investigator Miguel relapsed and drank alcohol again, my recent convert broke a serious commandment, our baptism for saturday didn`t happen cuz couldn`t get permission from her mom. BUT, all and all, its just a nother brick in the wall. IT was a great week. We had lots of progress and I know Elder Meza and I (y el espiritu) are going to have much success here. He is from Mexico, so his Spanish is really impure haha mixed with some english stuff. But its fun. Im doing all i can to help him become a great missionary. Im gunna go ahead and say im fluent in spanish now. its something can always grow, but im perfectly comfortable speaking to anyone about anything. We have some really great investigators and found a lot of great people this week. It was great reading your letter dad. Mom must have sent to my hotmail again or something. Courts and Matt also was great to here from. Love hearing your stories, dad always makes me laugh. Like I said lots of crazy stuff happened this week. But i am doing all i can to help these people that I love. Its good being a daddy. Especially to someone i just have to teach the gospel and teaching skills, not spanish. I wish you wouldn`t tell me about snowboarding. Haha my first year in 7 years without snowboarding. its getting hot here. but its always the same. The work is progressing every day, I love you guys, i feel the spirit through your letters. love all serve all
Elder hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment