Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 13, 2012 Luke 4:18-19

Hey family,
what a week. Great week. Well I am now serving in Los Cedros in the center zone of trujillo. still in the city. which I like the city. but this area seems more rich, which always brings less success haha. The scripture of the week is Luke 4:18-19. 

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

My new companion is Elder Beazer. My first gringo companion. Hes from kayesville, (yay boondocks!) He is fresh out of training, but his spanish is good for only 3 months in the field. I love him a lot. He is not a very social person, but we are all in life to learn, I feel like I am motivating him a whole lot to care more about the people here and forget about himself. Im still district leader , im now over 3 areas, i have 2 sisters, 2 elders, and ours. It was kind of hard coming here and seeing that in our area prevously, elder beazer and his old companion were having like 15 or so lessons each week. especially when elder meza and I were having like 40 each week. but we are definately improving a lot and working hard. I know that the lord wants me here. I think to motivate this district. It was kind of sad leaving elder meza, especially cuz we had a baptismal date for last saturday that I missed. But elder beazer and I are going to work way hard. saturday was a great day. We went from having no baptismal dates, to having 4 in one day. (one of them fell cuz didn´t attend church) it was pretty incredible. I know it is all thanks to the spirit. This work is all about the spirit and not ourselves. But I feel like we are going to have a lot of success This change (transfer). Hopefully i get the package tomorrow, if not, oh well ill get it eventually. I love hearing from you guys. Dad made me laugh out loud. Dad needs to write a book. 2 books. one that is just for laughs, and another of awesome experiences and things he has learned from his life. Im glad courts had fun at sweethearts. school dances were always fun. Today we had a surprise, we went to the beach with president and sister turk, our zone and another zone. as missionaries we usually cant go to the beach in this time of year, in the summer, we can just go in the winter time when the people aren´t out swimming and stuff. but we went to day and played beach volleyball. Im sure it will be on the blog. But it was way fun, our zone won. haha as missionaries we shouldn´t be too competitive, but sister turk is one of the most comptetitive people i know ha but it was way fun. there was a lady named dorris we taught on saturday. she is a single mom with 2 kids, one of which is special. We explained the gospel of jesus christ to her, and baptism, and she accepted to be baptized. She was asking us what she needs to do. which is always the best when they ask that, we explained, and put a baptismal date for the 25 of february. she accepted, and was serious.   She attended church yesterday too. She is way awesome. I love meeting new people. I decided beforehand I would try to meet as many people as possible in the ward yesterday. I met so many people in just 3 hours. Whoever reads this should start doing family prayer every day if you are not doing it right now. 1 it will give you more unity. 2. its a commandment, (see 3 nephi 18). 3. it will give you more guidance as a family. Just felt like giving you that invitation and promises. I love you all so so so so so sew much. have the best week of your life.
elder Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment